After more than 45 years with Kingscott, Brooks Godfrey, AIA is retiring. While with Kingscott, Brooks held many positions, including Senior Principal and member of the Board of Directors. Brooks’ service to the Kalamazoo community includes the recent award-winning Chenery Auditorium improvements. He served as President of the Arts Council of Greater Kalamazoo and Chair of the Kalamazoo Cultural Center Board. Kingscott wishes Brooks and his wife Mary a happy retirement. We will miss you!
Here are some of his many notable projects:
- Chenery Auditorium remodeling, Kalamazoo, MI
- Monument Valley Middle School, Great Barrington, MA, a school partially powered by alternative energy – solar and geothermal
- Epic Center, Kalamazoo, MI, a catalyst for downtown development and a home for many of the arts organizations Brooks has supported over the years.
- Woodland Elementary, Kingsford, MI
- East Middle School, Holland, MI, winner of several national education awards
- Holland High School Additions & Remodeling, Holland, MI
- Glen Oaks Community College Addition, Centreville, MI one of the first green-roofed buildings in Michigan
- Perry Child Development Center, Ypsilanti, MI, a groundbreaking Early Childhood Learning Center and winner of the William W. Caudill Citation
- Orr Elementary, Washington, D.C.
- Newton High School, Newton, KS
- Parker Hannifin, Office Building, Richland, MI
- DeChaine Residence, Eugene, OR